Monday, May 23, 2011

Explaining the url - shotglasscollector-Beth

Well I decided to start a blog. The idea is to share items from upcoming travels and other random happenings.  So I'll start by explaining the url to this blog. 

I have been fortunate in that while growing up my parents took my sister and I on family vacations.  They liked to see new places, so we rarely visited the same place twice.  Starting when we were little, we wanted to have a souvenir from our different stops and found that the 'little glasses' were cheap and fun souvenirs.  I didn't realize for quite sometime that they had another purpose (shots).  Don't worry, I have never allowed these souvenirs to be used for anything other than an occasional contact lens holder for a friend who has forgotten their contact lens case.

Over the years I have collected over 100 shot glasses, either through my travels or a friend or family member bringing back a glass from their trip.  Unfortunately I have had two accidents over the years that resulted in several broken shot glasses, but luckily I still had over 100 amazing souvenirs. 

Funny how when I met Rob, my now husband, he had also been a shot glass collector from his travels starting back when he was a kid as well.  Together we have 9 shelves of shot glasses, and surprisingly only 1 or 2 truly duplicate glasses. 

So it is with great excitement that I have a lot of fun travel in the near future.  I can't wait to expand the shot glass collection for each new country that we visit!  Over the next several months, I hope to share with you my adventures, teach you a little about the countries we are visiting, share photos and if other fun random happenings occur, I'll update you on that as well.

Hope you enjoy!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment