Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Missing Some of the Kids Already

I was sad this morning when some of the kids again did not show up to Madre Teresa.  I think it is because yesterday was a holiday, and they are kids that have farther to travel.  There are 6 kids that weren't there Monday or today and they are usually the ones that stay the night Monday-Friday.  Since tomorrow is the Nuns day off, the children will again not be there.  I think that means we will not get to see those 6 again before we leave.  You don't want to have a favorite, but one of the little boys that stayed the night was mine.  We think he name is Carlos Daniel...he has the biggest brown eyes and would always cuddle up next to me when it was nap time.  He liked to play with my watch.  I hope to see him Friday, but might just have to be OK with the fact I might not see that little guy again.

Tomorrow we are planning a party for the ladies, and then fun times with the kids on Friday, our last day.  I can't believe the trip is almost over.  Although it will be nice to get back home to see family and friends, it will be a bit sad leaving here.  The group at the house has grown close and had such a good time together over the past week and a half.  And of course it will be sad saying goodbye to everyone at Madre Teresa.  We will take lots of pictures to remember them by and of course the memories of our time together.

To catch you up on other events, yesterday was a holiday so we had the day off.  A group of 6 of us (Karen, Karin, Lydianne, Natasha, Megan and I) went on a boat ride to two islands.  It was a fun time listening to local music, trying more Brazilian food and enjoying the nice breeze and views.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:




No comments:

Post a Comment