Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Our new alarm clock ----- Tux the Cat

So sorry it has been sometime since I lasted updated.  This time I am going to share other things....the cats.

This evening Rob and I have a mission to keep our cat, Tux, awake.  For sometime now he has decided to be our alarm clock, meowing loadly outside our bedroom door starting at around 6am.  My 'real' alarm clock is not set to go off until 6:40am and Rob's is after 7am, so you can imagine how annoying this is in the morning.  This week however, Tux has decided to have his meowing alarm start at 5am.  Tux currently is laying on the coffee table and I am going to make sure he is awake for the next two hours by saying his name every 5 minutes that he looks like he is sleeping.


Another new fun cat trick involves Tux and Dash entering our bedroom.  Since Rob is allergic, we keep the cats out of the room.  Several months ago, we learned that Tux can open the bedroom door.  The door knobs are the kind that you push down and he stretches up and hits the handle while ramming his body into the door.  He is successful at opening the door about 30% of the time.  The funny thing is that he will open the door and then run downstairs.  Dash is the winner in this situation as he just waltzes into the room. My favorite is when I am in the shower when they perform their door opening trick.  I open the curtain to get my towel and see Dash lying in the middle of the bathroom floor.  It surprises me every time!

The newer trick to this is that as it has been hot out, we have a boxed fan in our door opening.  For the first week or two, they were scared of the fan and so stayed away.   Yesterday morning we woke up to Tux walking above Rob's head.  He had jumped over the fan and was having himself a good time.  Luckily he typically makes a noise (similar to a paritial meow) when he jumps.  This morning I caught him jumping the fan twice and had to close and lock the door for the last hour of my sleep.

Here's a picture of Dash too, so he doesn't feel left out:

No comments:

Post a Comment